If I find out that I have had numerous miscarrages in the past, what can I do?

I had a miscarriage this week, and have had the same circumstances happen several times. I go to the doctor on Wed, and am wondering if there is something they do? I want to have a second child! If I have learned anything from this terrible terrible experience, it is that! Will they even be able to tell how many I have had? or if I have had multiple ones?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• So sorry for your loss mama.

I do not believe they will be able to determine past miscarriages.
    Depending on your age, and how long you have been trying they may advise that you wait a cycle and try again or refer you to a specialist.

Good luck mama!

I know how much it hurts waiting for your 2nd miracle. I had a miscarriage 18 months ago. I should be planning a first birthday, and instead I still have not concieved again.

*baby dust to you*
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• There is no way to tell. You may have an immmunological problem that is making you miscarry if you have had multiple miscarriages. That is something that can be treated. Here is some info from a md

http://www.rialab.com/miscarriages_prevented.php

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have PCOS, and from what I am reading, I am shocked that I got pregnant and stayed pregnant with my daughter.
    LovinMyMikayla

Comment by LovinMyMikayla (original poster) at 9:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• The doctors will not be able to tell if you have had past miscarriages. They may suggest genetic testing, esp if someone else in the family has a history of miscarriages.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had many miscarriages in the 5 yrs between my girls. In order for me to successfully carry my 2nd they tested my blood and found that I had a slight blood clotting disorder. I only had to take baby aspirin everyday. A friend of mine however had a worse case of this and had to give herself shots in the stomach I think every 12 hrs. We both carried our 2nd babies to term. My baby is now 15 months
    ashleys2girls

Answer by ashleys2girls at 9:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010