PCOS and miscarriages?

I have PCOS... Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. I remember when they first told me I had it, they said it would be hard for me to get pregnant. I think they also said it would be hard for me to stay pregnant. I recently had a miscarriage, and am thinking I have had more... Are miscarriages common with PCOS?

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 9:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Yes, I believe miscarriages are unfortunatly common with PCOS.
    ToriBabe1221

Answer by ToriBabe1221 at 9:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I was told my PCOS was so severe I would never carry a child to term. I did have 2 miscarriages. I also gave birth to 3 sons. My middle son died shortly after birth but it was unrelated to the PCOS in any way. Is it harder yes. Can it be done..absolutely! If you are overweight even a loss of 10 pounds can trigger good ovulation. Eat a diet high in fiber, protein, folic acid and lower in carbs. Exercise if you can. Even walking a mall is better than not walking at all. Stay positive, it can happen.

GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes they are.
    If you are wanting to get pregnant again, don't give up. I had problems with cysts on my ovaries and got pregnant .. I unfortunantely miscarried and then found out I also had a Bicorniate Uterus ... and about 9 months later, I got pregnant again .. and I carried PAST my due date ..
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:32 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have a friend who has had 5 kids 4 miscarriages and is pregnant again. She has PCOS and she goes on a special diet and formula during pregnacy. She did say that if you find the right doctor they will put you on the diet while trying to conceive. I hope this helps you.
    ediedawn

Answer by ediedawn at 10:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have PCOS and I had a miscarriage in 2003 a baby boy in 2008 miscarriage 2009 and currently 23 weeks prego with another baby boy. It can happen just harder to conceive. I have been to 4 different obs and they all said that they feel that my miscarriages didn't have anything to do with my PCOS. Good Luck!!!
    Candie2008

Answer by Candie2008 at 12:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2010