are you sick and tired of just being sick and tired?

well i am! i have 4 adults (counting me) at my house and the other 3 can't seem to help me around the house! it's like having 4 babies! the expect me to do all the cooking and cleaning! not! i told them that i'm not maid service and i'm not doing it all! my husband don't hardly feed the dogs, i have to do it unless i tell him too! then i'm tired of them blaring the tv all the the time and talking loud all the time when they get up and getting attitudes,but i'm not supposed to have one! sorry but i had to vent! any suggestions? i would certainly take them all!

mamasloves

Asked by mamasloves at 9:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• O mamaslove I understand completely I live in a house 2,000 sq foot I clean it by myself well I have to give my husband credit. He does help out when he's home. I have 2 dogs 2 cats and a lazy 18 yr old daughter. It's stressful and very upsetting when you clean the house by yourself. What makes me upset I'm not sure if you feel this way or not but after i clean the house gets dirty again. My lazy A** daughter says It's my fault she even tells my friends this. Only if she knew they actually knows who's fault it is. What an embarrassing moment for her.
    I feel like if I don't get it done it won't get done at all.
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 9:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• LOL, that's horrible!! Who are all these adults? We lived with my parents for almost 9 months. It was horrible, and we were in the basement. That many adults in one house is unnatural :/
    crystalhuskey

Answer by crystalhuskey at 9:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my mom,her boyfriend,my husband and me
    mamasloves

Comment by mamasloves (original poster) at 9:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Who owns the house? If it is your house I think you have a right to set some rules and to expect some help. If it is your mom's, maybe it's time to move.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 9:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• it's my husband and i but he never backs me up
    mamasloves

Comment by mamasloves (original poster) at 9:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• oooh honey two couples under one roof never works..... i had a similar experience with my brother and his spouse. i had to finally let them know that they were sloppy and I couldn't take it... after not finding clean clothes, or their fav coffee cup, or their rooms were a mess they finally got the hint and i got to watch them scramble around as i enjoyed coffee in my fresh pj's on my clean sheets.... ;)
    mariposalee

Answer by mariposalee at 9:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You put your foot down and stand up to them. You're not their slave and you should just stop doing stuff you feel you should not have to. Let them scream and get nasty and you walk away and do you.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm in a similar situation its me, DH, Mil and her boyfriend. Mil does most the cleaning and laundry plus she watches my kids a lot. I have tried to tell her to stop but she gets up at 5 am most days and underminds me when I get on the kids so I just let her do it all. When she is ready to let me have my house back I will gladly take it. Till then she gets to play head of house hold(unless I don't like what she does lol). They are living with us bc they can't pay their bills. Any ways I say put your foot down. If they are living with you that's your right.
    crazymom21

Answer by crazymom21 at 9:58 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Look you take my advice, and trust me it will work. Leave, go to a good hotel and let them deal with the home just for a few days. Let them see what it would be like if you were not there. My best friend did this to her husband and two teenage sons, and now they give her "NOTHING" but respect. She told me the boys called the hotel and begged for her to come back because their dad was feeding them peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast/lunch and dinner. To get respect, you have to give it.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well i would have a good talk with all the adults tell them you need help with the shores & tell them how you feel about it
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 10:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010