Co sleeping moms?

Just curious if anyone else has had this problem. DS is 6 months old and has always co slept but I wonder if its time to put him in his own bed. Last night he rolled off the bed (wasn't on the edge) four times. I never had this problem with my first DS. What gives?

MoM.i.aM

Asked by MoM.i.aM at 9:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I co slept with my little one, but I had him next to me in his portable crib, not in the bed with me. You could try it that way if you still wanted him close to you.
    He might just move around more than the other one.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• if he rolled off the bed 4 times that is an issue. You need to put something, like a mesh bumper up, or put him in a crib.

I co-sleep, I start him in his bed, when he wakes up for the first feeding I just keep him in my bed.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 9:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• could be that he is just enjoying being able to move, my DD sleeps with me at night. during the day she naps in her bed but at night she sleeps with me. i'm hoping that by 6mths she will sleep in her bed at night, which is why during the day I leave her in hers. till he adjust to sleeping in his own bed maybe a good ol' fashion rail might help, u know pin him in...
    mariposalee

Answer by mariposalee at 9:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I quit co sleeping by that age.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 9:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you are going to have him in the bed and he's moving that much then you need to look in to some type of bed siding... We have a cheap one from WalMart, but it works great to keep them in. Our little one sleep-crawled and would fall out the bottom of the bed so we had to put one there too, but it worked just the same.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I had my kids sleep in a bassinette for a few weeks then put them in their crib. They slept much better and so did I. I didn't have to worry about my DH rolling over on them and I didn't worry about them falling off the bed. They were really good sleepers and never screamed....so many Moms here say that their babies scream. It just never happened with us...at any age.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my son has rolled off the bed quite a few times. he loves to roll around the bed when hes sleeping.
    i put pillows allong the side of him and that seems to work because he cant roll over the pillows.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:20 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• we co sleep with our children. But only after they wake up at night but they are put in there own bed to sleep. My now 2 yr old comes in everynight at 2am on the dot!
    r00j04j08

Answer by r00j04j08 at 9:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• It sounds like you need to either put him between you and the wall or put up a rail on the side so he cannot fall off.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you would like to continue co sleeping, get a bed rail, and if possible, place baby between you and someone else.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010