How do you know if your dog has lyme disease or tick fever?

I don't have any money to take it to the vet because my husband lost his job, and she looks like she's dying, she won't eat and she's getting really skinny, what is it:(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pets

• I think the vet is your only choice.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:37 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Well i was a vet tech and we had to test the blood in a elctrolyte machine. i have notice that most of them would not stand up, would shake, and would be vomiting and have diarhea. Now im not a pro but it sound like your dog may be suffering from worms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• let me add that if you dont treat either one your dog is going to die
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• oh & if you are in need for help there is a card that can help but you have to pay it back like a credit card. it is there to use right then and there. it is called carecredit. look up the number online, call and try to get accepted and ask them what vet they recommend. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• there is no fees or interests.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• HAving ad a dog with Lyme disease...it sound slike that is what she has. You have to get her to a vet because she needs antibiotics. Otherwise she will die.
    Kristen_Chez

Answer by Kristen_Chez at 12:00 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I'm not sure if dogs get it but I have lyme disease & had a bulls-eye looking circle where I was bit.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:56 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• I'd get that dog to a vet! If you don't have any money, call your local SPCA and see if the can help.
    Deb_Jones

Answer by Deb_Jones at 11:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008