Zucchini

Do you leave the skin on your zucchini when you grate it and freeze it to use later? I don't know why I never thought to. But would assume it would be just as fine, right?

2BlondeBabies

Asked by 2BlondeBabies at 9:43 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Do you have any good recipe, gardening or canning and freezing ideas? If so, I am trying to promote people to join my new group and help them. We can always use new ideas, and i'm hopeful that you will join and share them. You seem to know what you are doing! http://www.cafemom.com/group/111570 I hope to see your application!
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• As long as the zucchini is young, yes. But I find that big older zucchini has tougher skin and seeds, so I remove them. But little young zucchini, yes, use both.

Answer by Bmat at 9:47 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I always leave the skin on, never thought of peeling it. And the skin probably has a lot of nutrition in it.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 9:48 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We never peel them.

I love zucchini bread.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I don't peel it. I do seed it no matter the size.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 10:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• That's funny cause I just made chocolate zuch cake today. I leave the peel on. Darker the veg/fruit the more nutrients. Happy harvesting
    mamahertz

Answer by mamahertz at 10:53 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I never peel mine - I fry them (it's my favorite), steam in the microwave and make bread with them. I knew an older lady at church who would halve them longways, seed them, and stuff and bake them like a bell pepper. It was really good.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:01 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Don't like it
    tarver_kathryn

Answer by tarver_kathryn at 9:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I know, tonight when I was bagging up 3 bags for the freezer I thought, I don't take the skin off when I make fried zuch, so why take it off to freeze it. All those nutrients..gone. Oh well, it was only 6 cups, better to remember for the next time.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 9:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Thanks kbishop.....I'm going to get ready for bed, but will look into it when I get more time in the next couple days!!! Thanks.
    2BlondeBabies

Comment by 2BlondeBabies (original poster) at 10:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010