What do you think when you see a woman alone at a restaurant, the movies, etc?

I moved here 2 years ago with my husband and I can't seem to find many friends. I'm a SAHM so the few that I have are usually at work or tired from the kids. I just wonder what others would think if they saw me hanging out alone trying to get some "ME TIME" away from home.
Also sitting alone while everyone else has friends could possibly make me a little depressed right? Just thinking

Alizzie_Mom

Asked by Alizzie_Mom at 10:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I've seen plenty of movies by myself. We watch them by ourselves at home, don't we? The first time, I was a little nervous, but I figured the entire audience was not going to jump up and point at me and scream "LONER!" and start laughing at me for being by myself. Same with eating in a restaurant by yourself. Do it a few times and you will see nobody cares. To start yourself off, go to those places when it is not so busy.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:06 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't think anything. I haven't gone to dinner by myself yet, but I love going to the movies by myself. If I don't go alone, I don't go to anything I want to see myself. Besides, its nice being able to have all the popcorn to myself and avoid having someone with me whispering or asking questions about the movie we're watching.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I go to the movies and out to eat alone all the time. If I am feeling socialable, I will sit at the bar and make friends with whoever is there. Otherwise, I just get a table, read my book and relax.

I LOVE getting to eat my meal in peace, while it is HOT and not having to stop to cut someone elses dinner up for them or take them to the potty.

I love my kids, but for everyones happiness, I need my me time
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:22 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Sometimes I LOVE LOVE LOVE to be alone. Even if I go out and about, I could care less what anyone else would think LOL
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would think, LUCKY GIRL!
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Some girls have all the luck...lol
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• O my gosh that's funny that you asked that question. My husband travels "a lot" I ask my friends if they would like to go out and do something with me. Since my kids are grown and gone I can get up and go whenever I like. My friends they have younger children so it's not easy for them like it is for me. My husband & I was just discussing this subject earlier today. He doesn't like to go out by himself when he's traveling he eats in his hotel room by himself. I had to get use to it. I love "ME" time. Its hard at first because it seems like everyone is staring at you but after awhile no one wonders ;)
    bmwlover

Answer by bmwlover at 10:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would think... lucky her. I would love to have time without anyone else demanding something from me.....
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I go out All the time by myself- not to the movies but, i eat lunch & shop alone- i've never thought about what anyone thinks- Go have some Fun!
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 10:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I don't have any outside friends who live around here either and I don't get any time to myself either.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010