What does your husband do and how much does he get paid?

I hate my husbands job and he only gets paid $40,000 for fixing gym equipment. He travels gym to gym and meets different people. Then he comes home and brags about how great people look in the gym while I'm stuck at home with 3 small kids :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Honey, in these times, thank your lucky stars for forty grand.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• overnight pulling freight off of trucks at walmart. i think he gets paid something like 8.20 an hour. It is rough being with only that one income, but we make it work.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 10:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He does me and gets paid quite well.

lol.

Seriously, he is paid as my caregiver due to being disabled in a car accident three years ago. He also works part time as a cook in order to get out of the house a bit.... He really is paid quite well.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 10:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He is a manager at a car dealership. He make between $75 and &120thousand depending on the economy. Before car sales, he was a restaurant manager and made about $50thousand.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 10:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You should be happy with the 40grand he is making. I never made that working full time, with a bachelors degree!!!! And my hubby doesn't make that now, not even close. Why do you hate his job, you aren't the one working it. Not to be a bitch, but be happy he has a job and likes his job. He could be a lazy ass and bitch about working all the time or not have a job at all. If you are upset about how he is talking about other peoples bodies, if that is what you mean, then explain that to him.
    2BlondeBabies

Answer by 2BlondeBabies at 10:13 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My husband works in IT and makes 55K a year. That's pretty low for the job he does, but he's been with the company doing different roles for 12 years and it's worth it to have stable employment right now.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my hubby makes 3000 a month making the tools that make those lovely little chips that make this world go round (computer chips)
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Really not cool to tell you how great OTHER people look! But many right now have no job. Thinking about everything you have to be thankful for, even the smallest thing may lift your spirits!!!
    sunshine_baby86

Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 10:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I husband works as a demolition foreman, and while the pay is not great - no I will not share that - we do get use of the company paid truck and free gas, so that helps
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• DH works in shipping medical equipment to hospitals. I just lost my job-he makes enough to support us and all of our bills.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010