Do you let your child take a sip of beer if you are drinking a beer?

We ordered pizza and I had beer with my slice of pizza anyway I left about 1 oz. my ds & dd asked for a sip so I let them. I can not believe it but they both liked it...omg what have I created...lol I told them beer is not for children onlyfor adults to help relax them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• my 5 year old DD likes beer too LOL! When she was 1 I was making beer bread and she sat on the floor later that day when I wasn't in the room and drank the last sips of each bottle(what use to be the foam-that had settled)I caught her! (I freaked!) But ya it is weird that they like it hahahah! now my 3 year old has got a hold of it and HATES it!!! Oh well at least it wont be a HUGE deal when they are teenagers LOL!
    hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 10:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I did. I have let my 9 yr old have both beer and coffee....he hated them both. Never asked again
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We have let my oldest taste it before, but nothing more and not a lot.
    AnasMommy7

Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:19 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i let my son taste some wine once the face he gave was so cute and he hasn't asked for a sip since. I hope it stays that way, but i'd rather he get it from me then someone else.
    natasha86

Answer by natasha86 at 10:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I wouldn't, but my dad let me have a sip to taste it once when I was little, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Not at all. Growing up, I remember my Grandma letting me have half a can of Coors. It's child abuse imo to allow something that can destroy brain cells to go into a child. While I know the amount you're talking about is small, its not a can of worms I'd want to open by teaching them its something they like the taste of.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• well.....I drink wine and my hubby has beer. But at that age, I wouldn't allow them to taste it and I wouldn't tell them it is to help you relax, that IMO is just TMI for a child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• No - my inlaws always tease that they are going to and I get so mad.
    Alcoholism runs in my family so I'm very conscious of it.
    ARmom

Answer by ARmom at 10:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My dad used to when I was a kid. Beer seemed good back then. Now I cannot drink it without throwing up. I never fed it to my son.
    bubsiclesmom

Answer by bubsiclesmom at 3:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• cant stand beer
    momto3infl

Answer by momto3infl at 10:17 PM on Aug. 14, 2010