Anyone have kids in 4-H?

My daughter (11) is thinking about joining. What kinds of things do your kids do? How much does it cost to join? Are there uniforms?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I used to be a 4H leader (about 8 yrs.). There's a yearly $10 participation fee and some clubs have dues to help support club activities. There is virtually a 4H club for just about everything! What activities is your daughter interested in? There are pet clubs, science clubs, horse clubs (which was what I did), baking, crafting, etc. 4H is an outstanding program for youth and no, there are no uniforms, although some clubs do buy matching shirts. Best of luck and I hope your daughter finds a club that's right for her!
    ramawin

Answer by ramawin at 12:17 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I know the fees are in general cheeper then scouts. What is done is depended on the group itself. I know there is a lot of child-lead projects, etc. That's all the info I have. I'm looking into 4-H myself for my kids. I just went 4-H's website and found the phone number to the lady that runs a local group here. I'm going to call her this week and get more details for myself. The best thing to do is find a local group and just talk with THEM!!!
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My daughter is and we don't have to pay anything.
    mama2my2girls

Answer by mama2my2girls at 10:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my dd not ole enuff yet but i did when i was a kid..I say let her it should be free thur the school and they pay for trips but they have funraisers...gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 11:04 PM on Aug. 20, 2010