Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Where do I go to find out about getting help with..

leaving my husband and getting a place to live? Like to get money and stuff to help me to do that until I can get settled a little and get a job or my GED? Not help getting my GED, but to pay my bills and deposits for moving out? I have four young children. 7,5,2, and 7 weeks. And I don't need advice on making it work with my husband because it just won't. (not being rude just don't need it..) ps I can't reply because it won't be anonymous


Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

This question is closed.
Answers (5)
  • I don't think there is anywhere that will help you with deposits and moving costs. If you are in a abusive situation, you can contact a woman's shelter and they will allow you to stay there for free until you can move. I had a friend who stayed in one until we got a place together and they even gave her furniture and food on her way out the door!
    I would apply for all the assistance you can get. Section 8 helps with housing but there's usually a long wait list (here is up to 2 yrs.)
    There is also daycare assistance you can look into.
    I would apply anywhere to help you get a job for now. You can always look for something better after you are already working.

    Answer by AnasMommy7 at 10:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • Well, it depends on if you or the kids were abused or anything. If so, contact a shelter. Otherwise, I don't think there is any help out there. Other than getting child support.

    Answer by lmjess at 10:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • You can try the Department of Human Services for advice or Catholic Charities. They are usually great about assisting with such things. God bless you on this new journey. Don't let anyone make you look at this as an end but rather a new beginning.

    Answer by MakkarMom at 10:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • oh good luck!! I would talk to any friends if you can or family...even distant family like in another state. I hope you and your family will be okay!!

    Answer by sunshine_baby86 at 10:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

  • Please contact the National Domestic Violence Hotline: 800-799-SAFE (7233)

    Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 PM on Aug. 15, 2010