Indoor garden?

Since most veggies are ready for harvesting now (so it's too late to plant them) I was thinking about the possibility of an indoor garden. Can you plant veggies in pots and grow them inside year round? Have you done this with any veggies and what were the results?

scout_mom

Asked by scout_mom at 10:25 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Herbs are perfect for indoor gardens. Tomatoes are good, potatoes are good, but much else other than those and you'll need too much room for them.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have a year round indoor herb garden and I love being able to pull off a few leaves of basil instead of paying $3.00 at the store for the same amount. I have not tried vegetables though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:26 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've grown herbs in the house in the winter and started seeds indoors in spring. But to actually grow veggies indoors you would have to have a way to control the temp and use the right plant lights. You might try tomatoes or green peppers, they might work indoors but I've never done it
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 10:27 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I'm with everyone else- only herbs.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I've grown tomatoes & potatoes in buckets indoors.
    motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 10:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010