my daughter is 18 and her breasts have been hurting her for 2 months what could be causing this could it be fiber cist....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• I would probably say it's most likely growing pains. If she is sexually active, it is also possible she is pregnant or having side effects from birth control, since many forms prevent pregnancy by tricking the body into thinking it is already pregnant. If you believe it is a medical illness, have her speak with her OB/GYN (I assume by this age she already has one she's seeing for PAPs and whatnot?), and they can examine her more closely. Also, keep in mind that at that age, she is considered an adult, and needs to be treated with respect and understanding, or else you may find yourself less informed and even more worried than necessary.
    It is not uncommon for people who are not trained in medicine to not know the proper spelling for an illness or condition. Most people who do are familiar with it, because they happen to know someone who has experienced it or thought they might be showing possible symptoms. Give people a break.
    emeraldearth24

Answer by emeraldearth24 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• She could be pregnant..it could be a cist inside her breast..or something else..have her talk to her OB about it
    SweetPoison

Answer by SweetPoison at 10:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Pregnant? Is she tired?
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 10:36 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• If you mean fibrocysts, it could be that. I have fibrocysts (its genetic) and my boobs are almost always sore. It just takes time to get used to. Her gyno (or doctor) should be able to tell you if thats what it is.
    Morgs7531642

Answer by Morgs7531642 at 10:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yes there are fibro cysts, she just typoed
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would assume you mean Fybroid Cyst...since I have never heard of fiber causing anything other then the need to poop.

It could be hormonal, has she recently started taking hormonal BC?
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:37 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Maureen, ya might wanna check out this site... and maybe apologize?
    http://www.medicinenet.com/fibrocystic_breast_condition/article.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010