Hives? Allergic Reaction?

Okay, my son has been getting these little red splotchy marks with a white raised center on his face lately and sometimes body lately. I thought that maybe it was the whole grain bread I just started him on but I've eliminated it and he still get them. It doesn't seem to happen at any particular time (i.e. I noticed them at dinner time the first few times but now he gets them randomly throughout the day whether he's eaten or not). Any ideas about what this could be? They only hang around for maybe an hour or two and then they're gone. He's 9 mo.

ANGIE409

Asked by ANGIE409 at 10:38 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It seems as if he is experiencing a minor rash - probably more related to environment than food. He could be experiencing heat rash. Wash his face once a day with cool water only and dress him a little more lightly to see if that helps. See your pediatrician when you can get an appointment.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My son had the same thing recently. They popped up all over his arm. I took him to the ER even, because they looked so bad. They couldn't tell me what it was, but now they're gone. Best of luck, I'm not sure what it could be.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2010