Stressed out.

I wanna know if you can get extremely fatigued cause of stress? Right now I have so much on my mind it's not funny. My Uncle is in the hospital in a coma, my husband is out of town but will be back Monday and I can't wait, my daughter is spending her first night with my dad and step mom, and I have some car issues going on as I got into a wreck and my car got totaled about two weeks ago. The accident wasn't my fault but still, the other guy didn't have insurance. So is it normal to feel like this stressed and fatigued from all this?

Asked by ajc-08 at 10:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I have heard that fatigue and stress are your body's way of telling you to slow down. Unfortunatly it sounds like life is sending you alot right now that you can't avoid. So I hope that things settle down for you and that your uncle will get better. Sleep when you can and eat healthy. Even take a multi-vitamen. I know it sounds a little silly but those things can help us feel better. Hope that you can get some rest when you hubby gets home.

Answer by mamahertz at 10:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yes, it can definitely cause you to feel that way.

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Of course....a big giant Y E S ..sure can.

Answer by Cochise at 10:41 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• sounds normal to me. With all that going on, I probably wouldn't be sleeping well and that would just make the fatigue worse

Answer by Maureen-MD at 10:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i would think so. stress can affect your body in many ways. it can cause stomach problems, and headaches and sure, i think because you are running yourself ragged with issues, that the stress is wearing you down.

Answer by xtwilightx at 10:42 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Yeah. I'm not sleeping too great either. This would all be better if I had my hubby home, but only two more days. Also I'm working til 3a then have to be back at 11:30a. Augh.

Comment by ajc-08 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Stress is definately something that can cause extreme Fatigue. It can cause many other issues as well. I hope that you get some rest and relaxation soon.

Answer by hsmominky at 10:49 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yep!

Answer by Blubuni99 at 10:54 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Absolutely! You can try a few things to calm yourself...

First, sit down and close your eyes. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth several times. Now, keep your eyes closed and your palms facing upward. Still breathing long, slow breaths in and out, picture a happy moment in your life or imagine something wonderful that could happen in the future... like picture yourself walking on a beautiful beach, hand in hand with your hubby and child. Hear the waves crashing to the shore. Now keep your eyes closed and smile. Repeat this exercise every time you get stressed.

Answer by neebug3766 at 10:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Definitely, stress can cause all kinds of things to happen to your body, it just is different for each person.

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:21 AM on Aug. 15, 2010