Could they be "the one?"

I don't know about anyone else, but my husband and I seem to have a difficult time finding friends. We consider ourselves normal and well educated, so we think we are a good catch. All of our "friends" either don't seem to like us much, are getting divorced, or don't have kids. See the dilemma? I have been talking to a girl at the dog park for about a month. She and her son just moved form Vegas, and the dad just showed up a week ago. We told them we had a zoo membership with 2 guest passes and invited them to come. They didn't treat us like total whack jobs. They were actually excited! Anyone else have or have had this issue? Did you find "the one?".....

ABusyBee

Asked by ABusyBee at 10:59 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! While my husband was in the army we had several couple friends that we would hang out with, but we had one couple that we became really close with. Once my husband got out of active duty, we still kept in touch but because of the distance we couldn't do much together. We went out with a few people from my husbands work and while we enjoyed it, there just really wasn't a connection. My husband was then called back into the army and while he was gone, I went to sign our son up for a class. The office manager had a picture of a soldier and I asked her if that was her husband. She said yes and told me that he was stationed in Iraq. It turns out that our husbands were on the same base. We became instant friends and our sons became best friends. Later when our husbands returned, they finally got to meet each other and became friends too. They have since moved but we still keep in touch.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 11:09 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We're still searching!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 11:00 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• yea me and my dh are the same. its driving me NUTS!!!!
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 11:10 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We have no couple friends because SO eventually decides we should no longer see them anymore
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We had our old neighbors, but after we moved we realized we really didn't approve of a lot about them. We have stopped talking to them. We too are searching. We have a big family, so they are most of our entertainment. I would like to find the ones, just to have someone to talk about family to.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010