watching the 40 year old virgin...what are you doing to keep your kids purity as long as possible?

happy2bmom25

Asked by happy2bmom25 at 11:02 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• have a talk with that guy's mother LOL
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 11:03 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• my son is not old enough yet, but i plan on having plenty of talks with my children, and showing them pictures of STD's for sure.
    my main concern is keeping them from getting STD's, being just complete whores, and unwanted pregnancy rather then keeping them a virgin until they are married.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:04 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I think sex is healthy. I will educate them on STDs, pregnancy, and all that BS to the best of my capability. After that I will allow them to make their own decisions and let them know what I expect from them. I'm not going to try and keep them pure, I what them to make their own decisions knowing that I expect them to wait until they find someone special to share sex with.
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have always talked to them about condoms and the responsibility of having children and how this is a hard thing to do with someone who they just had lust with. It has been helpful to them.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:07 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I do not plan on my children abstaining I have talked to them all their lives about protecting yourself from disease also that sex is better when you are in a loving relationship. But I would be a total hypocrite to say don't have sex ( I used to love sex with strangers) however, my kids only know me to be with their Dad and their Dad with me.
    mom2priceboys

Answer by mom2priceboys at 11:08 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I know I'm in the minority, having waited until I was married myself, and I fully expect the same of my children. Not that I would disown them if they didn't, but I would consider it a mistake and it would make me sad. There isn't much I can do except talk to them, be strict as far as dating and allowing them to be alone with members of the opposite sex, and making sure that their main friendships are with people who have similar values.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:23 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• We don't teach abstinence or "purity"... We don't think it's healthy or natural. In stead we are teaching self respect, safety and BC options...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:31 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• mybella, how old were you when you got married?
    i just hope that for my children, but i don't know...what did your parents do?
    i have friends...i thought they were pretty good, but their daughter ran away with her boyfriend. both families were in the church, the mom was honest, and i thought she taught the daughter well...but now? at least she ran away with a boy from the church...i truly hope they are doing well!
    kaylan...i understand you too! my husband is canadian and basically say americans are prudes...maybe?
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• sabrina, i was happy to see your reply!!!
    i had a hard time typing purity, i really wasn't sure if it was the word i was looking for.
    do you think you might be sad a little when you see your children lose a little innocence?
    i think self respect is very important!
    happy2bmom25

Comment by happy2bmom25 (original poster) at 11:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I have already started laying a foundation of purity for my Children. I plan to teach them about STD'S, about what the Bible says about Sex and etc. I went to a Church Camp called "true love waits" when I was a teenager and it was wonderful. They taught us a lot about self respect, modesty, purity and etc. I pray that my Children will be virgins when they get married.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010