why am I like this?

I feel utterly horrible for feeling this way but am I really in the wrong here? My husband a few days ago told our 4 year old nephew he could come stay the night. No problemo until it is now 10pm and my husband is just now going to pick him up. Our 4 year old goes to bed at 8pm and our nephew stays up much later (this is the first time also that he has ever stayed the night at our house) ok still no problem there. here is my problem my husband is in a band and practices on Sunday so instead of asking if I want to watch both of them tomorrow he assumes that I will. I am also a week away from my due date with our second child and could go into labor at any given second. I love my nephew and feel so bad for being aggravated. I want both of the boys to get a chance to play together but it is already hard enuff to take care of our son on my own. And yes I know I will soon have two to take care of but not to crazy 4 year olds.

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 11:12 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Well yeah it is something you want to have a say in but were kind of not asked about : / Hopefully the boys have so much fun, you don't even have a problem :))))
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:14 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i hope so. I know I'm hormonal too lol it just makes me so mad, not at my nephew my husband
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• i think you should be a little mad at your husband! it is too close to your due date for that!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 11:21 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Id say something & let dh know you are too close to your due date to be caring for others kids alone..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• He asked him to come over, he should take care of him.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 11:29 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• maybe it will be ok, i guess if they got too much to handle I could call my sister in law to come get him they only live a few minutes away.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 11:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I would be mad if he said he could come over and then bailed.
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:40 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• Considering you are almost due with another baby, he should have asked you if you were up to it. Men just don't think about things the way we do. Just tell him that next time (if there is a next time), to ask you first.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No not at all, if he knew you were going to have to take care of them alone, he had every right to ask you FIRST. My SIL does that stuff to my DD and it just boils my blood. He just doesn't have any consideration for her. Next time tell him no, unless he's going to be three to watch them w/you.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010