Hey moms I need to know~ My son has been throwing up at night everynight! Can milk allergies just come about?

The only thing he drinks the same everynight is strawberry milk! It is one glass and he has it before he goes to bed~ Now he didnt start doing this until recently. I would say for about the last 2 weeks he has done this. He does it every night about 3 hours after he gets in bed. He has also developed a rash on his back, but that is all I have noticed. No fever. Any advise would help. I just know taking him off milk he is going to throw a fit. So I was thinking the lactaid milk. I know that I am allergic to milk. SO I thought maybe he could be to. Thanks so much for helping girlys...

ChannaRamma

Asked by ChannaRamma at 7:44 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I used to do that when I was youger. I would be fine all day and then throw up at night. My mom took me to the dr and found out that I had a severe sinus infection. Some medicine and it was cleared up, but every time I got a sinus infection that is what happened to me.

Also, I saw this show on TV mystery diagnosis about a girl who threw up at night because she had epilepsy and was having mini seizures in her sleep.

I would really, really get your child to the dr.
    If he has milk with breakfast and doesn't get sick, he probably isn't allergic or have digestive problems. I'd try that too.
    mjpX2

Answer by mjpX2 at 4:46 AM on Oct. 8, 2008

• Could be the milk but not necessariy the lactose (milk sugar); could be he's allergic to casein (milk protein) which is extremely common. It could also be the flavoring and/or colorings pertaining to the strawberry portion of the product . . . or a combo of all three.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Oh my goodness. A child that young should not have strawberry milk that close to bedtime. Obviously his poor little stomach can't handle it. Personally if my child had been throwing up that much he would have been brought to the doctor a long time ago.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Did you buy a new batch of strawberry mix recently?

Has anything else changed recently - new toy, new toothpaste, new toothbrush, etc.

If he is allergic to milk, lactaid won't help. Lactaid is for people who can't digest lactose sugar but who have no allergy problems with milk. These people are usually called "sensitive" to milk or lactose intolerant.

You probably already do this but make sure you brush his teeth after he drinks that milk but before he goes to sleep.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2008