hOw many ultrasOunds can yOu have?

i had mine already but i wasnt so sure about the results about it being a boy cause the woman looked so snotty while doing the ultrasound.
she says its a boy but i saw nothing that really showed it was a boy.
but im guessing if she said it was then it was.
i was 20 weeks along that day.
Can someone have another ultrasound at around 27 weeks i guess,to make sure the genders right for when you have your baby shower??

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 7:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can have as much ultrasounds as you want. You probably just have to pay for it yourself. :-/
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I would do a 4d; it will cost you around $150-$200, but believe me it is well worth the accuracy :)
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I am on tricare and I don't get another ultrasound after 20weeks unless there is complications. My husband and I are going to do the 4D ultrasound. Depending on where you live some offer great specials.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 8:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If she said its boy then she most likely right. A lot of people (parents) don't see it because they don't know what they are looking for. Your ins won't pay anything that is not medically necessary and another ultrasound is unnecessary. Most doctors won't do 4d until 32-35 weeks by then you might as well just wait.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 8:49 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• As the ladies above me said most doctors will give u a 4D ultrasound if u pay for it, which usually runs around 200.00 if u really want to have one its worth saving up for.I know most insurances will only allow so many unless there are complications I had one everday from 16wks till i delivered at 27wks..so talk to ur doctor about it, see if they offer a 4D, if not they can tell u who does
    amanda37860

Answer by amanda37860 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• You can actually google map sonogram and it will pull up private businesses that only do 4D and 3D; it is definitely the way to go if you want additional sonograms
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 8:57 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I had four with each of my kids. My dr. has the 4D. I think it also depends on your insurance and what they will pay for.
    masonsmommy28

Answer by masonsmommy28 at 10:26 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• So glad my insurance premiums go up every year so you can find out if you are having a boy or a girl. Does anybody still wait until the baby is born and enjoy the surpirse?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I've had three so far and I'm 19 weeks. My next one will be on the 23rd. I don't think there is a limit as too how many u/s you can have...I think it all depends on what the doctor has ordered. If you aren't confident with the answer you were given, you might ask your doctor if he/she can order another one.
    alysmommy0909

Answer by alysmommy0909 at 1:52 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• It depends on your insurance. Medical assitance wont do more then 2 unless mdiecally necciscary am most other insuancee wont do more then 3 or 4 unless you need them. but you can get as many as you want but they probally wont be covered by insurance...
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 6:02 PM on Oct. 8, 2008