how to get my two year old to sleep thru the night ?

my son will not sleep thru the night i have tryed the night time bath wash but it does not help. i took his naps away but he sitll will not sleep thru the night can anyone help me

babydoll_2005

Asked by babydoll_2005 at 11:24 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Has he ever slept through the night, or is this new?
    Sounds like you need a sleep wise book. He may have to CIO-it's a tough one. Good Luck
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 11:28 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• What is he doing? Is he waking and wanting to play? wanting to be comforted then going back to sleep? nursing?
    SoniaL

Answer by SoniaL at 11:30 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I used the Ferber method with my son at 2 years old. I had heard such horrible things I thought it would be terrible. But I was about to have a new baby and someone gave me the book. I barely know her and she bought the book for me and drove it over to my house, so I decided I should try it. It took 3 days and he's been a perfect sleeper ever since.
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 11:33 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My sons doctor finally had to give him something to help him sleep. He was so used to getting up at night that it had become a habbit. He was only on the midication for about 3 weeks and his sleep patern changed to where he was sleeping through the night. Now he doesnt have to take it anymore.
    rtenboer

Answer by rtenboer at 11:34 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• a fan the white noise can really help! if he needs more of a distraction, but the fan usually works, play some soft light music quietly. a small night light may help if darkness is an issue. My son has a favorite blanket, pillow or animal he likes sometimes too.
    cattiesmom78

Answer by cattiesmom78 at 11:45 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• My little boy had the same problem when I first moved him out of his crib. I got him this nice toddler bed, and he would lay in it- play in it...and usually when he fell asleep it wasnt long periods of time. Most the time I had to leave a stack of blankets on the floor because he would rather sleep on that instead in his bed. So I ended up getting him a real twin bed, and nice soft foam mattress... from day on he climbed in his bed, tucks himself in..and goes to sleep while watching either elmo or the wiggles.. I think those crib mattress must just not be comfortable...and he wanted a bed just like everyone else. I still have his crib mattress beside his bed just in case he rolls out, but he hasnt. Instead he uses it as something to bounce on. LOL
    peachwine

Answer by peachwine at 11:52 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• E has been sleeping thru the night since she was born
    Jenpdxs

Answer by Jenpdxs at 2:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• my son is not out of his crib yet he had a car bed but he wont sleep in it. i have tryed to get him to go to sleep in it but he wont
    babydoll_2005

Comment by babydoll_2005 (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Aug. 15, 2010