lvn's out there.. that went to community college not a private college

were there a ton of prequites... do u think it was harder to go to a community college rather then a private school...i want to go to a junior college bc i think it will be much more afforable then a private school.. but i have heard there are a ton of prequites... did u go part time or full time.. and do like your career now..
thank u for your info

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 11:39 PM on Aug. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I am going to a community when I am done in 2012
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• what is an lvn? is that a certain major? if so, thats not what i did. but i went to a community college and got my associates. it was much more affordable but you can only get an associates at a community college so now i start at a private college in september for my bachelors, but im transfering 67 credits towards my bachelors so i saved all of that money on those 67 credits. its 30,000 a yr for this private school and i need 128 credits for my bachelors but im getting scholarships from the private school for haveing good grades and a high gpa at my community college, plus im still getting pell and tap grants.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 11:51 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• I am doing LPN at our local community college then RN. I need more money so have to do it this way but for me the LPN all I need is CNA license, HESI test then things like physicals, TB test and stuff no reall pre req. I have 4 left for RN. Most for LPN or LVN its the same just varies what stae you are in its really just a basic entrance exam. My school requires the HESI test. I am getting ready to take it. Community college is the cheapest route!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:55 PM on Aug. 14, 2010

• You can start off to get you LVN at a community collage. Not sure how much it's going to be though. I'm going to see if I can get in one soon and take a few classes.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 11:56 PM on Aug. 14, 2010