Ok I might not be posting this in the right place.........BUT this is the story.....we're going to start ttc in December.......which is only 2 months away. My SIL is getting married in June of this coming year.........which means that if we are successful in December than I could be pretty large by June. The question is, the family doesn't know anything about our plans to start ttc and we want to keep it that way to surprise them later.

I have to go for my first fitting for the bridesmaids dress in two weeks (with my SIL) and I am trying to figure out how to tell the woman in the bridal boutique to leave a little more fabric in the front b/c I might be pregnant at the time. How do I do this without my SIL having a clue???? My husband said to just take her aside and tell her that I might be preg when the dress comes back for another fitting and for the final fitting I might be like 7 months at the time of the wedding. I am really stressing over this b/c his side of the family has big mouths and can't keep anything quiet so if she finds out we planning on starting soon----everyone will know and we don't want that at all. We really want to surprise everyone (this would be his mothers 1st grandchild and our first child). Ahhh how should I go about this! And the option of spilling the beans to her is OUT!

BLoNdIe121679

Asked by BLoNdIe121679 at 8:00 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• "My husband said to just take her aside and tell her that I might be preg when the dress comes back for another fitting and for the final fitting I might be like 7 months at the time of the wedding."

There is your answer :) You either do it the way your hubby told you, or you just call the lady after you guys left the store and tell her about it. :)

Good luck!!!
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yeah, you answered your own question. There is definitely a way to be discreet. Good luck!
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yep have to agree with the other 2. And i wouldn't say anything to the sil anyway cause it maybe jan or feb before you get preg. Just talk to the dress lady i'm sure she would understand.
    EJsHottMama

Answer by EJsHottMama at 12:09 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I was getting fitted for my sister in laws wedding when I thought I maybe pregnant for the wedding. I just told the fitting lady and she wait to fit my dress until a couple months before the wedding. So they will probably be willing to accommodate. And just tell them you don't want anyone to know. They will do your fitting privately later. I'm sure it will work out, save your secret.
    noaksmom

Answer by noaksmom at 7:01 PM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Yea the wedding is in June and my in-laws are totally on top of my husband and I. Theres no way I'd be able to do a fitting later w/ out someone finding out. She lives downstairs from my husband and I. Its a huge wedding party too, its like 10 girls. What I might do is go and get fiitted with her as planned and try to let the woman know secretly (my SIL wont be in the little dressing room while the lady is measuring me right?), or just call right afterwards after I am away from my SIL and tell her that she would need to do another fitting for adjustments a month or two prior to the wedding.......thanks for the responses!.
    BLoNdIe121679

Answer by BLoNdIe121679 at 7:06 PM on Oct. 7, 2008