how come with some men does it take forever for them to stand up for themselves or their family??

well it took my husband awhile to tall his sister to stop calling me names and he really didnt say anything to her until she called my 7 month old names...and now my dads cousin is saying stuff and he wont say anything to her...

HisAngel91

Asked by HisAngel91 at 12:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• My husband tells everyone off and he doesn't care who you are don't talk about his family.. and if his family is talking crap he tells them off.....
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• if its my side of the family I "check" them on their behavior, if it's his side, he "checks" them. So if it is your dads cousin, then that' your family, you deal with them.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well it's been almost 4 years since hubby and I got together, married 3 years and it still hasn't happen. He's family still treats me like shit. SO I hope it's soon. He's been telling me if he catches his family saying shit to me he'll do something about it but we'll see when it happens.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My SO kind of a wimp like that too. He doesn't seem to get that if your family is talking crap on you, then they're not really family in the first place.
    Deathlilly

Answer by Deathlilly at 12:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wouldn't know. First, my husband would never sit by while someone spoke that way about me. Second, his family just doesn't do it, so it hasn't been a problem.

Good luck getting this fixed. You definitely deserve better treatment.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Depends on the man and if he has the balls to stand up for his own family. My ex was a mama's boy who NEVER stood up for me. My now fiance would tell ANYONE off if they called me names or treated me badly...even family.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 12:54 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Some people don't like drama or conflict of any kind. I think if his sister calls you a name, It's you that should say something to her when she does it. And he can be like yeah it's not right as a backup tops. After that I think everyone else should stay out of it and let the two people resolve the issue on their own.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• o wow sounds like my bf's sister... rite some men dont want to see ther family and signifigant other not get along so he just keeps them away from each other but yet tells the girlfriend to not say anything to keep the drama down... well i EXPLODED lol.... but needless to say u have to maintain your respect for him and you cause one thing is for sure he can fuck his sister... BETTER NOT lol. good luck
    Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 1:42 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• mine has finally started after being married for 4 years
    Mommy_0f_many

Answer by Mommy_0f_many at 8:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• welll i would tell him this if you care about me & love me like you say & show you me you would stand up for me & your kids
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:56 PM on Aug. 15, 2010