Have you ever just had one of those nights?

Where you just feel so depressed? I just watched "When Harry meet Sally" and it made me depressed. So much romance in it. Here I am sitting all alone at home. The past few days I've been missing having someone lay next to me at night, someone to talk to till the early morning hours. Someone to make love too.....
I have nothing now. My husband is deployed and I won't see him for another year. It's been easy up until now, but now I'm missing him like crazy and wish I could just have one more night. But it will just be like that song. "One more day with you." Even if I did get it I will just keep wishing for another and another. This is going to be a very long year......

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 12:16 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• I truly feel for you, my DH was in the Navy for 20 years and on constant deployments and did a tour in Iraq. When they are gone for a long time we all have those really low and lonesome moments and they are tough. Try to keep busy with things, that helps some of it go away. Having other women in the same situation to talk too is helpful too. They do have a military wives group on here where you can get a lot of support. Hugs to you, you can PM me anytime if you want too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 12:21 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• sometimes... Sorry he will be back in no time at all then you can spend time together :)
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 12:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I feel so greatful for women like you who stand by the men that fight for my freedom. Thanks.
    And yes I know there are women fighting too.
    dancinintherain

Answer by dancinintherain at 12:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, and I'm having one right now, actually. I miss my hubby. He isn't deployed, but I'm 2 hours away with our NICU baby and he's at home since he worked this weekend. I haven't gotten to spend quality time with him in 3 months and I'm kinda down about it tonight.

Thank you for your sacrifice.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 12:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Im so sorry you are going through this too. I have been a single parent for 7 yrs to two amazing kids. My ex went to jail for dv and spent a year behind bars for it. I filed for divorce during that time. It has been such a long road, but we made it through somehow and with Gods grace. I hope your hubbies year of service goes fast for you and your family....
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 12:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ya, I know in a way how you feel. I'm ending my relationship because of all the bad times..but the good times are what I miss the most and I see people I went to school with that have happy families..and I feel alone.
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 1:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Oh honey it will be okay
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 3:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010