My son is 5 almost 6 months old and has quit sleeping through the night. I've tried all I can think of but it doesn't work and I'm exhausted. Please help

danimarie93

Asked by danimarie93 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I am not sure if you have tried this yet. I would put him to bed and then if he wakes up do not go and get him unless he is really crying. Kids will change their sleep patterns every once and a while and it may take a couple of weeks to get them back on track.

I know when my son started this he would take a nap at 4 and sleep for about 2 - 3 hours. Then he would want to stay up until 10 or 11. I asked the DR and she said just let him take the naps and go to bed that late. She told me it would be hard for a couple of months, but he would slowly go back. Within 2 months he was back to his normal sleeping habits.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My DD is will be 6 mo old this week. She has been going through phases where she'll go a week and wake up a couple times a night and then go back to sleeping all night for a few weeks. the Ped. says it's teething....just seeking extra comfort for the pain. It'll pass.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• My daugher's 5 months and she wakes up at night because she is hungry. I think its pretty normal.
    Dodie702

Answer by Dodie702 at 11:04 AM on Oct. 7, 2008