If your toddler had a bead stuck up their nose and the Dr's office wasn't open until Monday would go to the ER or wait until Mon. and go the the Dr office?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Go to the ER!
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ER because I wouldn't chance it getting stuck or getting choked if it goes down his/her throat
    KrystleStarr

Answer by KrystleStarr at 12:35 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I put a bead up my nose when I was little. My mom used tweezers to pull it out. Would that be possible or is it really up there? Is there an late night urgent care in your area? You could try them, but if you can't get it out yourself then yes, I would go to the ER.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:35 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Get your ass of off here and go to the ER!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:40 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There are Urgent Care centers open late hours and on weekends. No need to wait till Monday or to go to the ER
    Martina70

Answer by Martina70 at 12:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Go to the ER!!!
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 1:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• All right ladies. Calm down. The key word here is HAD. Sorry it was not more clear, I should have given more details and I was going to but got distracted and hit the button and didn't get back here until now. No need to use swear words, mommy of two. This happened yesterday and we went straight to the ER without hesitation, waited for 3 hours, and they took it out and everything is fine. We didn't know there was a problem until she woke up at 11pm crying that her nose hurt. I asked what others would do because after I had told some friends about it today, they said they would have waited until Monday and I thought that was nuts and wanted to know if I was crazy for thinking so.

DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 1:46 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'd go to the ER. We went to the doctor first, and he JUST couldn't grab it, so sent us to er. While in triage, a nurse asked if we wanted to go home NOW. I said yes! She asked how dedicated I was, and I was just like, what do I have to do. She said to hold the unblocked nostril closed and blow hard in DD's mouth. Bead flew right out. She also asked if the bead had a hole in it or not, and I don't know if that mattered for the final solution.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 8:21 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I'd go to the ER if there wasn't one of those Medical Aid Units available like we have in our area. Why wait and worry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i gould go to the er asap
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 12:32 PM on Aug. 15, 2010