How can I help my 13 year old deal with a bully coach & coaches kid?

Eireheart

Asked by Eireheart at 8:16 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I think that if the coach is really bullying your child then you need to say something. I know that on my sons soccer team there have been problems with the coaches kids and we just tell the kids to say something back.

We are always reminding the kids that it is a team effort and that every wins and everyone loses the same. If it gets really bad then sometimes the parents will say something to the coach like "Hey, you need to talk to your kid"

If the coach is the same way then you may have to step in. I would also look for a different team for next year.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Oh... I would be up at that school in a heartbeat doing some butt kicking!!! That's how I would handle it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Dear anonymous (just above me who wants to do some butt kicking at the school) What school do you know that has the coach's kid on the team? Think for a minute! She is obviously talking about a little league, intramural soccer, town, YMCA type thing where the coaches are parents who volunteer. OP let me tell you a secret, half of the parents who volunteer for these things do it because the other half of the parents are competitive maniacs. Next season you may have to volunteer to manage a team.

Anonymous

• Change teams

Answer by admckenzie at 7:24 PM on Oct. 7, 2008