I have been married almost 20 years. I love my husband dearly. For the past few years those I haven't been particularly interested in sex anymore. We have had a few bad patches,some of them VERY bad,but have worked together and I feel we have a good marriage, however, the lack of interest on my part still exists. Is this normal?

crystees_mom

Asked by crystees_mom at 8:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• It depends on if this is OK with both you and your husband. It looks like your life is pretty busy with 5 kids still in teens. I think often, parents become so absorbed in their role as teacher, counselor, nurse, role model to their kids that their role as lover to each other gets lost. Also, if there were some bad patches - that could leave some wounds that were not properly dealt with and maybe caused some buried resentment. It sounds like you are a total team with your husband, but lost something of your relationship and passion for each other along the way. Maybe going back in time, try looking at him again through the eyes of the young woman who fell in love with him in the first place. Remember how sexy and wonderful those days were. It takes work, but if you want that you can get it back.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 9:10 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I think it is more normal than everyone thinks.I have developed not being interested in sex too.For lots of reasons.1- he's gained a lot of weight and doesn't care to take care of his body.2-he stopped making time for us 3- everyone else had priority over me4-I'm just tired..ect...So we grew apart.But I don't want to get divorced either.I am okay with not having sex.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:07 AM on Oct. 7, 2008