So tonight we had the birthday party for our 4 year old little boy

I have 5 sisters 3 of which live in the same town as us. None of his aunts bothered to show up. He kept asking me who else was coming and when everybody else would get there. I really felt bad for him. I really want to have a talk with them and let them know if they have a problem with me or something I have done that is fine but you dont have to do a 4 year old especially your nephew like that. None of them were busy doing anything they just didnt come! How can people be so inconsiderate?

treynlisa

Asked by treynlisa at 12:47 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• Did you try to call them before the party and ask if they wanted to come over? Maybe it spaced their minds or they really did have something plan.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• id definetly talk to them. im suppose to go to a birthday party tomorrow and i was debating it for awhile. i just dont like drama but its my grandsons birthday so ill be there hell or high water my stepmom isnt spoiling it
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My DD brother & more his wife did the same thing. It really made my DD so mad, because the yr before she lugged 2 (twins) that were not even 1 yet to their childs party. They didn't like the 30 min ride. When my DD had words w/my son, they had a big argument,. I didn't gt involved, but I do think my son & my dear DIL were in the wrong on this one. From that day on up until now she has done nothing but have them arguing abt something. Some times you just have to consider the source and say the heck with it, and my DD stopped inviting them. Now she's, or the kids are Not hurt by rejection. She doesn't like doing it, but she tired of HER crap. Good Luck, sorry your son was hurt by a RELATIVE. Oh, and the kids don't even ask abt them any more, they just know they aren't coming.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i knwo they can be horrible my sil did the same thing and then she got mad because we didnt went to her sons bday party but we nevergotinvited according to her she had talked bout the plans to throw him a party so we were just supose to know about it. she didnt bother comming to my sons bday. so i dont even care anymore my mil didnt come either but i was like watever im not going to miss them i know my son will but i think he can live with it
    Alejandra10

Answer by Alejandra10 at 11:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My DH's aunts and grandma won't be at DD's 4th bday again. They have come to one of her birthdays (2nd). I will continue to invite, but I won't expect them. My DD won't care though, for the family she is actually CLOSE WITH always shows up.

I am sorry your own siblings don't show. That has to be rough.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 12:01 PM on Aug. 15, 2010