should i take him to the dr.

my 31 year old son was out chasing the dog in the parking lot managed to trip over the dog and hit his elbow on the pavement. hes having a time straightening out his arm . nothing seems to be broken, gave him 2 aleve . you can tell its swollen. he doesnt want to go but i think he should

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 12:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• knowing me, i'd wait it out, put a wrap over it or something, see if the swelling goes down. he's 31, let him make his own choices.
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 12:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I think you should give it a day or so. He may have just hit it really bad. Kind of like getting a paper cut, it hurts like hell for along time but you don't need to be treated for it. Give it to Monday and see how it is. If it starts to get painful then I would take him in sooner.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• If payment isn't an issue, I'd take him. Elbows are tricky things and if you wait too long, it may not heal right. Better safe than sorry.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 12:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• hes got a bag of frozen french fries on it.
    stressedoutgran

Comment by stressedoutgran (original poster) at 1:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i would take him.
    Decker

Answer by Decker at 1:09 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would watch it and if the swelling and pain doesn't go away then take him to the doctor.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 7:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010