how would you handle a stepmom you dont like

i have a stepmom i cant stand. shes meddles in everything. she wouldnt go to my olders babyshower because she wasnt married,came between my dad and me where we didnt speak for a month. she told my brothers wife after my brother died he deserved what he got. my brother was mentally sick. i could go on but it would take longer than i have here.she once told me not to have my kids call her grandma she didnt feel like a grandma, then she strted menopause then it was ok. my mom had passed away one year before my dad met mary. no matter what she does ill never feel close to her.

stressedoutgran

Asked by stressedoutgran at 1:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

• Just stay away from her as much as you possibly can. That is what I do with family I cannot really even tolerate anymore. I no longer expect anything and that helps a lot. I've let go of what should be and embraced the reality of knowing that some people are just not going to be what we would hope them to be.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 1:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would ignore her when ever you can and make her feel just as uncomfortable as she makes you feel to be around her. Don't bow down to her what so ever. When you do anything such as that she wins!

Susanmomof

Answer by Susanmomof at 1:13 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I would stay away from her. I have an SIL that is just like that and treats my brothers kids from a previous marriage like crap and it really pisses me off. And she always wants to start drama. I haven't talked to her in years and don't plan too.
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 1:19 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

•  I would still try to be nice and just stay away from her to spare your feelings... not saying that u cant handle it its just that sometime u have to stay away to keep from responding to her and really it sounds like something is wrong with her mentally.. but  always keep it classy never trashy cause she is your stepmom..+Sophisticated Women with Grace+

Patientchild3

Answer by Patientchild3 at 1:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• im sorry to hear that you mom passed away but just show your dad the respect & love dont worry about your stepmom
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:46 PM on Aug. 15, 2010