Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wish I had thought of this sooner Please Give advise ASAP

Can anyone tell me were I can go for assistance to pay my electric bill? when i received the letter saying the check my other half sen them bounced i called them telling them he is out of state for 2 weeks and I have only $23. to my Name until Sept 3, She Mt Emily from Mid Carolina electric said i am not entitled to any aid for the check sent was no good, I explained I have 2 pregnant woman here one child who just turned on I myself a heart patient and other illnesses as well as my son who has asthma. She just kept telling me to pay my bill! I would love o pay my BILL but i have no monies.
So can anyone tell were I can go for aid? /Help? Please I live in Lexington County south Carolina!

Answer Question

Asked by SCMomof2kids at 1:07 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Money & Work

Level 8 (219 Credits)
Answers (6)
  • I found these for you:

    Assistance Agencies

    and more


    Answer by m-avi at 1:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • Also, you can call around to your local churches, they might be able to help you.

    Answer by m-avi at 1:35 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • I agree talk to the church

    Answer by mamaofficer at 2:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • perhaps your social services department has a federally funded program called HEAP. I think it's federally funded.

    Answer by Aasiyah at 4:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • i agree with the other ladies on this one..

    Answer by mekarevell at 7:22 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

  • MANY local churches help

    Comment by SCMomof2kids (original poster) at 12:44 AM on Aug. 12, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.