If you could write the rules on marraige...

and decide who can and can not get married what would those rules be?
Who could get married, where, etc?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 1:14 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I think anyone should be able to marry. Wherever they want.
    BUT I think if two people get married, they should have to stay married for at least a year before they get divorced. ha.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• All parties must be consenting legal adults. 

I think that about covers it.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:26 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I believe anyone of legal age should be able to marry any (and however many) other consenting adult(s) he or she so desires, as long as all the parties are aware of the situation and agree to be part of it. As for where they can get married anywhere they please, as long as they're not forcing religious institutions to go against their convictions, because I do believe that a religious institution should be allowed to deny to be involved based on religion, but I wouldn't find that applicable to the secular side of things, meaning a court house shouldn't be able to deny it, etc, etc.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• You can marry any Human you want, as long as they are of legal age, want to marry and all is happy!
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:12 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• THat anyone, as long as they are adults can marry. As long as their choosen institution supports it. I would also include something in there stating that any religious institution has the right to refuse to marry a couple for whatever reason.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 8:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• must have trust,a sense of humor,everyboby has agree to disaree
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 1:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• All parties must be of legal age and of sound mind, and all parties must consent.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Legal age and human. And get married by someone who wants to marry them (why force someone to do something they disagree with since they aren't forcing you to do something or not do something?). That's about it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• any willing, agreeing, & conscious human of legal consenting age (18 if i get to make the rules) can marry any persons of any sex in any building they want so long as the owners of the property are willing to let the ceremony take place there (govt owned property is open to all).

also, you have to have known each other for more than 1 month...ive never heard of those marriages working out. and not dating for more than a month, just known each other for more than a month.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:34 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• What Beeky said.
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 3:47 PM on Aug. 16, 2010