How do I handle with my husbands OCD???

My husband has OCD really bad. He has seen 2 differant Drs only once. He recently lost his job and have no insurance now. So no more dr visits. I feel his OCD is getting really bad and it is starting to really affect the whole family. I have even considered leaving him, but what kind of a wife would I be? The truth be that I can not handle it anymore. He can become very annoyed if he can not finish his ritual to the point that the kids do not want to be around him because he scares them. And he can not do a single thing without having to do his ritual so it takes forever to get anything done or to go anywhere! He really has not made any effort to get help. Makes excuses about not having insurance, any time I try to help him or talk to him about it, he says I make it worse!!! So is there nothing for me to do here?? Should I leave for the sake of the kids? But I have "For better or for worse" in my head. But it's killing ME

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Health

• I've dealt with someone that had OCD, so I understand how frustrating it is. It's like they want to include everyone in THEIR rituals lol. You obviously love your husband very much, and if the OCD is the only thing causing a problem, it can be worked through. He does need to take the initiative and get help though. Maybe try to talk to him about it when he's not wrapped up in his ritual? Is he looking for a new job? Stress makes the OCD worse because it's a control thing usually. Best of luck to you hun.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 1:22 AM on Aug. 15, 2010