What do you think/know about Gripe Water?

I have never used it before and I overheard some ladies talking about how great it is in Babies R Us. Anyone have any feedback?

Erin814

Asked by Erin814 at 1:44 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We've used it occassionally with very good results.
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 2:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It was a HUGE life saver for us, my DS had BAD colic., . We bought ours at winn dixie (they carried an organic brand). But you can make your own. I would mix water with some chammomile, fennel, and caraway (for the gas. Dill will also suffice) and ginger in a mason jar and keep it in the fridge. I've even heard that catnip is a common ingredient because it has properties to ease digestion. I'd add a tsp to his bottle or give it to him in a dropper.
    katzmeow726

Answer by katzmeow726 at 1:52 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes I know about it. some people dose their infants at each feeding.
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 1:58 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It would instantly stop my babys crying, but after 5 minutes she would start up again....every time. Also, my baby has only vomited once before and that was after the Gripe Water.
    jet360

Answer by jet360 at 2:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It is all natural, so you dont have to worry about side effects. It is soooo much cheaper at walgreens or any pharmacy, usually you can get a generic brand.
    wood1980

Answer by wood1980 at 11:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Just because something is natural doesn't mean it doesn't have side effects. I would never give it to my EBF babies.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 12:52 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! It works so well for my daughter. It gets rid of her hiccups (which make her so mad) and any excess gas she may have. It is wonderful stuff, IMO. And yes, it is completely safe to use even if you are EBF.
    SouthGal24

Answer by SouthGal24 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010