i am 38 wks and i have dilated and cervix is ready my dr wont listen to any of my pain that i tell him about would it be okay to switch dr if he takes me

i have had contractions 3 days in a row and i have a leak and he telle me my bladder is loose and i want to switch dr cause i dont wanr his name on my babys birth certificate

mzandrews

Asked by mzandrews at 8:51 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You want to change dr because you don't want your current docs name on the child BC? OOOOOOOk. He is probably right about the bladder thing and all of that the last three weeks is all about your body getting ready to give birth, just be patient and it will be over with soon enough.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 9:12 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• I highly doubt there is any doc that will take you at 38 weeks. Most docs won't take you after 20. And I agree too that your doc is probably right about all of that. You need to listen to and trust in your doc. If you didn't like him, you should have found a new one at the beginning, not 2 weeks from your due date. I could never ben comfortable doing that anyway, you wouldn't really know the doc that's delivering your baby and holding its and your lives in his hands.
    WadeMom313

Answer by WadeMom313 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• If you are really that concerned I would go to the hospital and have them look at you
    kbumgarner

Answer by kbumgarner at 12:37 PM on Oct. 8, 2008