Is there a secret to having successful Ebay auction?

Any of you ebayers out there...Is there a sevret or a trick to having successful auctions?
I list really nice baby clothes, sometimes NWT but I barely get any action and I end up selling for very small amts. Am I missing something? I have a ton of baby clothes I want to list, but I don't want to "give them away" for pennies! (If I didn't need the money right now like I do, I would give them away!) Please give me some advise!! Thanx!

BlessedMommy64

Asked by BlessedMommy64 at 8:52 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in Money & Work

• The secret is "3 years ago". Sorry, but eBay started downhill a long time ago and this year hit bottom. Most of the buyers are honest folks turned scammers. Sellers are scammed time and time again and with the new feedback system there is NOTHING we can do about it. Sellers can't afford the fees and to be ripped off. It doesn't matter if you have delivery conformation, if a buyer says they didn't get it, they get their money back and the item - the seller gets screwed. Buyers know eBay is where you can get something for nothing, so why pay for it.
    If you want to purchase bulk you may have a chance, good luck.
    Works4Mom.com

Answer by Works4Mom.com at 11:05 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Make sure you are selling in the correct category ... Also put as much as you can in the Listing title that way more ppl find it when searching ... Like....Baby girl 0-3 months Clothes pants LOT... You get the point... So i they seach something o-3 it will come up or pants it will come up.. Also ppl like to buy lots of clothes so be sure to get that in the title if you have more than one thing in the auction...Also You cold try buy it now or best offer... that really works well for my mother! If you have any questions or need more help feel free to message me..
    emturner

Answer by emturner at 9:34 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Ebay, I didn't have much luck with it.  The above advice sounds great though.  Definately try to list all you can together and make the title,  alot of clothes are listed on there so you have to think of a way to make yours stand out.

Best of luck!!

http://www.4yourfam.com

lovin2Bme

Answer by lovin2Bme at 9:47 AM on Oct. 7, 2008