Do you keep the Sabbath holy or do you work on it?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.[9] For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:[11] In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:[12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.[13] And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;[14] Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• [15] And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.[16] Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:[17] Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.[18] Let no man beguile you of your reward in a voluntary humility and worshipping of angels, intruding into those things which he hath not seen, vainly puffed up by his fleshly mind,[19] And not holding the Head, from which all the body by joints and bands having nourishment ministered, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.[20] Wherefore if ye be dead with Christ from the rudiments of the world, why, as though living in the world, are ye subject to ordinances,[21] (Touch not; taste not; handle not;[22] Which all are to perish with the using;) after the commandments and doctrines of men?
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I wanted to clarify that I do not observe the sabbath...:)
    forgive me for the long post
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 2:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I forgive you...
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 2:45 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• in islam there is no sabbath. And we do not believe that God is resting on any given day.. infact this is what God says in relation to those who say he rests..Allâh! Lâ ilâha illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but He), the Ever Living, the One Who sustains and protects all that exists. Neither slumber, nor sleep overtake Him. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on earth. Who is he that can intercede with Him except with His Permission? He knows what happens to them (His creatures) in this world, and what will happen to them in the Hereafter . And they will never compass anything of His Knowledge except that which He wills. His Kursî extends over the heavens and the earth, and He feels no fatigue in guarding and preserving them. And He is the Most High, the Most Great. [This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat-ul-Kursî.]
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:15 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• so in light of that verse and many others.. we believe God is busy taking care of all on earth and beyond.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i never could understand why an all-powerful extradimensional diety would need to rest.... Anywho, no, Sunday is just another day.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:07 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I honor my God, the Creator by keeping His Sabbath day holy (according to the commandment). It is a blessing!
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 9:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It was never Holy for me, so I can't keep it that way... lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:28 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I work in healthcare and the only way I could work and not put my kids in daycare from 6 to 6 was to work weekend only shifts. That includes Sunday. I figure that God gave me that job so that I could care for His children, so He probably doesn't mind too much.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 15, 2010