Do you think that Sesame Street really helps children to learn?

Sesame Street… aimed to demonstrate how television could help all preschoolers, including low-income urban children, prepare for first grade.

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 2:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes it does. It helps Preschool children who are already in attending school. They actually pay more attention, since the topic of numbers and letter are taught in their classroom. Plus, once they turn five, they want to learn to read and it helps them identify what sounds go with what letters. My five year old love to watch Sesame Street every morning. And so did my othe two boy when they were little.
    xpandyourmind

Answer by xpandyourmind at 2:28 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Good so I am not wasting my time with setting my 2 year old in front of the TV
    35yoamom

Comment by 35yoamom (original poster) at 2:30 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• all my kids as well as the grandkids watched sesame street they all did well in school.they teach in different languages and about socialization
    stressedoutgran

Answer by stressedoutgran at 2:37 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Absolutely! My 21 month old watches Sesame Street and he already know more than half of his letters by sight (even out of order - he points them out on signs and tells me what they are) and all of his number 1-10.

Answer by missanc at 8:43 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Sure do.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 1:59 PM on Sep. 17, 2010