How can I get a 2 yr old to use the potty and not be so scared?

Well, the story goes like this she knows the potty, she goes withme 2 the pot, and wathes me pee she has dora the explorer underwear, a potty of course, and the potty that goes insid the toilet still no pee comes wout of her into the pott. So I go through the taining were they wake you take tem to the bathroom, after they eat and so forth still no progress..Everyones tellin me to put force into it still that doesn't scare her a bit... I meation the potty she totally ignores me... No she's not the boss but in this area she hs the right too chose when she ready right? please help... thanks mOMs

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i has my bathroom door closed so you can't see the potty during the day time, and about every 20 mins, i ask her if she has to go pee...and then i say "oh no the potty is gone, Can you help Mommy Find the potty?" And she takes my hand and shows me where the potty is then she goes pee pee.
    Or you can turn on the tap while she is on the potty the running water makes my dd pee. then when she do go pee give her a reward for it..like a peice of candy or cookie, every time she do use the potty, and when she gets used to it, she slowly back her of the treats.
    Good luck mama!
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 8:39 AM on Aug. 15, 2010