Does anyone on this site home school their kids?

Looking to meet moms that home school to share stories, ideas, and situations. If you home school please let me know. I have four kids: ds 8, ds 3 and twin dd 18 months.

write4change

Asked by write4change at 2:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in General Parenting

• My husband and I are homeschool graduates. We'll be homeschooling our children, although they're only 2 1/2, 1 1/2, and 5 months old at the moment. There are a lot of great homeschool groups here on CafeMom too =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 2:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I was thinkin about doin the whole online public school things with my kids...the reviews are good and they go on field trips an everything. Where was that when I was in school lol
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 3:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• mUstBdeStiny08:
    I tried the online school with my son. It didn't work. I was sad. The program was great, we used k12, but we just couldn't seem to make it work for his learning style. We have since switched to Charlotte Mason and the FIAR series. Those are working better. How old are your kids?
    write4change

Comment by write4change (original poster) at 3:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Ok I will look into that...I have a 4yo and a 1yo
    mUstBdeStiny08

Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 3:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Depending on where you live I would say WAIT AS LONG AS POSSIBLE to introduce FORMAL education. My state has a compulsory school age of 8 and with my son, I wish I had waited. I am slowly introducing my middle child to school by reading out loud and fun simple crafts and games. They grow up so fast as it is. I am trying to get mine to slow down a bit and enjoy being kids :).
    write4change

Comment by write4change (original poster) at 4:04 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I homeschool my daughter and o it all myself cause i'm in a forign country.so i would also like to have friends that know of anything i can do to help her and ideas.
    Poohy1975

Answer by Poohy1975 at 4:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We are homeschoolers.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 8:06 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We are trying k12 this year due to financial strain. But in the future i would like to homeschool on my own. My kids are ds5 dd3 and have one on the way in Dec.
    tiredmomfor2

Answer by tiredmomfor2 at 9:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Lots of moms on here homeschool. Join the group Happy Homeschoolers and you'll find all the advice and support you need!
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:43 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• We Homeschool too. We love it. There are a lot of Homeschool Moms on CM. Good Luck. HSing is awesome :-)
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 11:10 PM on Aug. 15, 2010