Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to do..

So after being in a horrible relationship with an abusive drunk/drug addict..i'm reflecting.
i cant believe I put myself through it.
I feel so much hurt and so much anger.
He's no allowed around the kids unsupervised..cps ordered. He has been in an out of jail his whole life. He spent 5 years in prison for aggrevated assault with a deadly obviously I have no problem keeping i do not have criminal background or substance abuse problem and am responsible...but my fear is this..
I wisht that he'd go back to prison so he'd be out of my life for good...i say this because it is always the fear that he will plunge off the deep end and try to kidnap the kids or worse...
I just dont trust him, particularly because he'scrazy whe he's coming off of crack cocaine and insane after drinking about 5 beers..or even a shot of liquor. What can I do? What is there besides a restraining order?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (5)
  • OMG this is terrible but l know what u are talking about. I was in the same thing with my first kids daddy.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 3:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • Yeah I was the same situation...luckily I found my husband and got a protective order against the baby dad!! After that we moved across the country and made sure nobody had my address!! An the ppl who needed my address I signed a app saying I don't want my address disclosed Oh an b4 that I got an adoption started...almost done YES!! I know that's a lot but nething for my baby. Oh an he never took care of her so he prob doesn't even miss her

    Answer by mUstBdeStiny08 at 3:38 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • I would move a few hours away and tell NO ONE..... I mean NO ONE....I was held hostage for 2 day with a knife to my thoatand had broken ribs my jaw was broken in 16 spots. When i finally found that second to get out there I did and quick or I would be dead right now if i didn't. Get out of there and people like your ex will dig himself a hole and he will be put away for a long time when it will happen and what he will do is the unknown. Why don't you talk with CPS and tell them that you are scared and you want to take the children far away from him for good. You can Email me anytime and we can talk one on one. GL momma keep your head held high you have done all the right things for your children and yourself.

    Answer by raemommy at 3:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • I'm with raemommy tell NO ONE and talk to CPS immediately don't wait until something bad happens to your or your babies girl!!!
    I will pray for you and may GOD give you strenght for you to do the best

    Answer by Milindus at 3:56 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

  • well i dont really know what to think but you can writer over his rights to the child so only you can deal with the kids & if he goes near the kids he can get arrested but i hope it all works out & you do what is best for you & your child

    Answer by Ricanmami1 at 12:35 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.