so i was diagnosed with pcos and i'm starting 500 mg of metformin daily @morning and clomid on day 5-9 but my dr didn't mention anything about ultrasounds , anyone else on this without ultrasounds? and did it work? how Long did it take to conceive?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• My Dr hasn't been doing ultrasounds. I do go in on day 21 though to check progesterone. I have PCOS, take 500mg of metformin 3 times a day, we've been trying for 2 yrs this time, these are my first experiences with taking clomid, I'm on days5-9 and finished my 2nd round of it this month and am at the waiting to test stage. I have two children. The first was a happy surprise right after I came off of birth control pills I was taking in order to have periods. The second one I had been taking 500 mg metformin 4 times a day for 7 months before I became pregnant. I was offered clomid twice during that time, but I wanted to try with just met. for longer. I'm not sure if the met. actually did the trick or if it was a coincidence. This time I am older and heavier. Good luck to you! I hope it happens for you soon!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 3:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i also done this and i never had us..you are wanting to know if you will have them to see how many eggs you have and if you ovulated..most drs just do blood work a day or so after you ovulate to make sure that you actually did..it took me a little over a year to get preggo after taking these drugs..i took provera to make cycles normal, 1000mg metformin to help control blood sugar and clomid 250mg on certain cycle days..
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 7:06 AM on Aug. 16, 2010

• GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:10 AM on Aug. 16, 2010