Tacky Wedding?

My fiancee and I have a pretty good idea of what we want for a wedding, but I'm afraid it may be considered tacky, I was just wondering what other people thought.
We are having a hand fasting rather than a "normal" wedding and we are including pagan religious practices. We planned on inviting close friends and family, although including that it will be pagan, in case there are those who do not want to participate.
Afterward, we are having a larger reception with roast pig, fresh fruit, and a few other dishes, along with a cake of course. It's planned for early autumn and we intend for it to be an outdoor event.
Is it tacky to invite some people to the reception, and not the ceremony? The dress for both is casual, and people will be aware they are invited to a reception. Is having more of a party, rather than a typical reception tacky?

Annabel1809Lee

Asked by Annabel1809Lee at 3:03 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Just for Fun

• NO. IT IS YOUR WEDDING,DO WHAT YOU AND FIANCEE WANT!

People can get over it. I my observances of the wedding i have attended, many people only attend the reception anyway.

Enjoy your wedding. DO IT YOU WAY!
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:11 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I agree with AdrianaS. It's YOUR wedding - do what makes you happy.
    My husbands friends made out ransom note-like invitations for their wedding. They dressed in costumes and had other people come dressed as costumes. It's YOUR wedding. Do what you want.
    Blubuni99

Answer by Blubuni99 at 3:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• LOL I'm the wrong person to ask because I'm planning a Pagan handfasting for our 25th when we re-new our vows.  Also my dh and I are British and it's standard practice in England to have two guest lists, one for the wedding and one for the evening reception. 

So no I don't think that sounds tacky.  I think it sounds like a beautiful wedding. 

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 6:25 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• It`s for u and ur so i wolud do what u two want and have fun
    butterflysmom

Answer by butterflysmom at 6:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Doesn't sound tacky to me. Congrats, and good luck! :)
    Eviesmommy

Answer by Eviesmommy at 10:00 AM on Aug. 15, 2010