Is abortion murder?

35yoamom

Asked by 35yoamom at 3:05 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Well I think yes, because, a human being is being killed off.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 3:08 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• No, I don't think so, unless a pregnancy is very far along. I went to a local science museum to see how far along a
    pregnancy has to be before "it" becomes a recognizable human fetus. Quite a ways.

I have suffered over 10 miscarriages (2 were twins), some at a little over 3months, some as late as just over 6 months.
    My husband and I eventually adopted a foreign-born child, and we praise God everyday for that opportunity.

If a woman is placed in a "must do or else" position of deciding to abort, that is on HER conscience, NOT YOURS or ANYONE ELSE'S! It is HER right to choose!

If, on the other hand, it is used as a "casual" form of birth control, then yes, that would be murder, in my book.
    lakotakat

Answer by lakotakat at 3:20 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• i think that it is a grey area in life there are many reasons why woman do it ... but to say that they are murderers i dunno i think that is harsh... but i dont think it is right for a woman to use it as birth control that is where things get really effed up!
    i personally couldnt live with myself but then again i have never been in a situation where it would ever be a choice for me
    his_squishy

Answer by his_squishy at 3:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• In the Quran God is very specific about what is in the womb
    O mankind! Be dutiful to your Lord, Who created you from a single person (Adam), and from him (Adam) He created his wife [Hawwa (Eve)], and from them both He created many men and women and fear Allâh through Whom you demand your mutual (rights), and (do not cut the relations of) the wombs (kinship. Surely, Allâh is Ever an All­Watcher over you. (An-Nisa 4:1)

and he says the following
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:48 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Say (O Muhammad SAW): "Come, I will recite what your Lord has prohibited you from: Join not anything in worship with Him; be good and dutiful to your parents; kill not your children because of poverty - We provide sustenance for you and for them; come not near to Al-Fawâhish (shameful sins, illegal sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, and kill not anyone whom Allâh has forbidden, except for a just cause (according to Islâmic law). This He has commanded you that you may understand. (Al-An'am 6:151)

the only exception to this is if the mother's life is in danger
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 3:49 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• YES even the bible says it is. From the second the egg meets the sperm a human being is devolping.
    Poohy1975

Answer by Poohy1975 at 4:53 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes
    dragonlady44

Answer by dragonlady44 at 9:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes.
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 9:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2010