Cheap Halloween Costumes?

Is there a website or store that offers or gives ideas on how to create cheap Halloween costumes? I have 4 kids and buying $20 costumes for EACH kid is just too much. I sure would love some suggestions on cutting down that cost. Thanks a bunch!!

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 9:23 AM on Oct. 7, 2008 in General Parenting

• check the second hand stores. they often have things for a dollar or two. reuse and make over what they have used in the past.. I bought some animal print material about 1 yard adn over the years three of my kids have used it for caveman costumes. have little girls wear a dress that is a bit short buy a white apron put hair in pig tails and makeup and they are a dolly. wolf men are easy old jeans old shirt makeup a rope belt a bit of fun fur and a wolfman. we have used the same black robe over the years for a wizard, a dementor, death, a witch. pm me and tell me the kids ages and I might be able to give you better ideas.
    Lyndall

Answer by Lyndall at 9:31 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Ghost: use a sheet, cut eye holes in it
    Witch: black clothing and a hat from the Dollar Store
    Robot: decorate a box and wear it
    Leftovers: wrap yourself in tin foil (yes, I did this one year. I got the idea from a movie)
    present: same idea as the robot

Do you know how to sew? I make my kids costumes. They last longer and get passed down/used again.

That's all I can tink of right now :0)
    jms124

Answer by jms124 at 9:32 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• ebay has customes really cheap I got mine there for 6 dollars do thats only 30 bucks max for all the kids good luck =)
    natlb202

Answer by natlb202 at 9:36 AM on Oct. 7, 2008

• Look on parents.com they usually have inexpensive costume ideas.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:25 AM on Oct. 7, 2008