I've been on Mirena for almost 2 yrs and all the sudden i'm having LOTS of pregnancy symptoms out of the blue. I was wondering if any of you have gotten pregnant using Mirena?

lizpiz

Asked by lizpiz at 4:32 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I haven't gotten pregnant, but I have had pregnancy symptoms while on it. Nausea, vomitting, etc... but I took like three tests and they all came back negative, then I got my period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:51 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• One of my friends did a few months ago and she had to go have a d&c (I think thats right) bc she would end up having a miscarriage anyways. Im thinking about getting Mirena next month when i go for my yearly pap smear but after what Ive read about it on here idk anymore lol
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 4:57 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• The only method of birth control that is 100% effective is abstinence. Other than that there is always a slight chance you can get pregnant. The only way to know for sure is to take a test.
    I actually know someone who is getting her tubes tied and making her husband get snipped too. She is currently pregnant with child # 5 and was using different forms of birth control when she conceived each one. She's hoping that by getting them both the surgeries they will not have baby #6.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:18 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Well then that make two birth controls you shouldn't be able to get pregnant while on them and can. I'm suppose to be on the depo shot but am waiting for the blood test to tell me if all is going ok. I've had a chemical pregnancy before so we'll see good luck
    HopefulMom2B08

Answer by HopefulMom2B08 at 9:55 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I have been really happy with Mirena so far. Everyone I know that has it has too. They recommended it to me. But what bothers me the most is that when I was feeling my breasts, because they are so sore, and I noticed my ducts are swollen. I stood in the hot shower to see if that helps, but it didn't, and I can express colostrum. It's really freaking me out. I did make an appointment to go in, but of course it's not for 3 weeks. Go figure.
    lizpiz

Comment by lizpiz (original poster) at 10:29 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• I am now ten weeks pregnant and had a mirena device that had no obvious defects so I am proof positive that anything can happen and its best to catch it early, I advise any woman who has signs she may be pregnant or just a hunch get a test, its better for both you and your potential baby.....fyi I wouldn't recommend the iud implant and not because I got pregnant with it, nothing is 100% but because I had break through bleeding, horrible cramps and worse pms overall. Good luck.
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• can you feel your strings?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 9:47 PM on Aug. 15, 2010