Can Pentecosts....

So this is totally random lol But I have an aunt, uncle, and cousin who are pentecost and have only been for about 4-5 years and I got to thinking about what pentecosts can and cant do and was wondering can pentecost dye their hair? Or lay in the tanning bed? Or what kind of swimsuits do they where when they go swimming? Is their any "rule" that says that the kids cant do like cheerleading or dance team in high school?
Yeah this late at night my mind gets to going and I think of some pretty random stuff lol I hope this doesnt offend anyone. I was just curious.

misspriss_1987

Asked by misspriss_1987 at 4:36 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• If you are united pentecostal then you are to follow both the old and new testament.For instance in Deut. it says it's a shame for a woman to cut her hair. Unless someone can cheer with a skirt or dress on that's has to go 2 inchs past her knees no they can't cheer. No makeup,no pirercings,tattos,no TV,no computer, (all though some pentcosts are starting to go against that one) There's alot more but can't remember them all it's been about 20 yrs since i was in a pentecost church.I know shame on me.
    Poohy1975

Answer by Poohy1975 at 4:41 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• My grandma grew up Pentecost but when she got married her and my grandpa started going to a Church of God which is kinda like a little bit of Pentecost and a little bit of Baptist beliefs so Ive never really been around just Pentecost before but I like the church they go to. And now that you mention it, I remember a girl I had class with in high school and her parents were really strict and they didn't have a tv or computer.
    misspriss_1987

Comment by misspriss_1987 (original poster) at 4:50 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• ?? I really don't know much about Pentecostals...I do think that they are very modestly dressed and try to abstain from many things that one could consider worldly.
    Heathercurlz

Answer by Heathercurlz at 1:33 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• There are different types of Pentecostals. Some are VERY strict, dictating what you can wear and do (no makeup, only very minimal jewelry like your wedding band, long skirts, no hair cutting or dying, sleeves to at least your elbows, no sandals, no tanning, no swimming, etc.), and then there are some who just go by the Bible and it's teachings and just live a fairly "normal" Christian life. In my experience, the latter tend to have more "up beat" church services, like a lot of praise and worship with music, shouting, speaking in tongues, and other gifts of the Spirit.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 7:02 AM on Aug. 18, 2010