Instead of pediasure can you give an 8 yr old boost, instant breakfast or ensure for extra calories??

boolie79

Asked by boolie79 at 7:31 AM on Aug. 15, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yes
    I say go with the carnation instant breakfast, it's cheaper than ensure
    DarkFaery131

Answer by DarkFaery131 at 7:33 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes, you can do any of those. Ensure actually has 10 more calories than the Pediasure. Instant breakfast has less calories, as well as less fiber. Boost is pretty much the same as Ensure, just a different brand. I am not sure about the calories for that, but I do know one of my students is supposed to drink it everyday at snack time to gain weight. His doctor has suggested it to his mother to help him in her quest to gain weight.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:34 AM on Aug. 15, 2010

• yes. Absolutely...
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 3:40 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Yes and Ensure makes a drink for kids Kidessentials. My son is 14 and will drink them still.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:03 PM on Aug. 15, 2010

• Look into Juice Plus Complete whole food based nutrition protein shake. Scientific research behind the product. Don't experiment with your child's health. www.childrenshealthstudy.com
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:20 PM on Aug. 18, 2010